Skip to main content

Home Alone

Earlier this week, my mom had left for Nagpur, to attend a friend's marriage. For her, it was a welcome break from her mundane activities. She is having a ball actually, sans her notorious son! :)

If you are wondering what's so special about 'Home Alone', well, it kind of is. Rarely do I get the gigantic place for myself, and well, I was looking forward to it.

Technically speaking, at home,we generally don't talk much. Nothing actually changed much initially. I still kept fiddling with my laptop or was on the phone. Apart from the usual stuff, I wanted this to be different. My school mates come home often. They don't need any invitation. My home is their home. But, for some reason, it's not the case with my college buddies. So, yes, I decided to call them over! Some of them did turn up, and we had a nice time. 

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! 

Anyways, the next morning, they were gone and things were back to square one. Now What?

I decided to try my hands on cooking. I've been wanting to learn cooking this semester, but well, it just didn't happen. Anyways, with Google, anything is possible. So, I headed towards the kitchen. It took about half an hour, just to figure out the ingredients. Anyways, when it came to the cooking part, it was a flop show. Everything went wrong, and luckily, I didn't get hurt. Well, so much for that!

In between all this, I was busy with the 4th Issue work for GT. It was nice to sit back and 'boss' people around in my own style and manner.

Then, something totally unexpected happened. I had my first real confrontation - that too with a dear friend. Things had got bitter over the past few months. 'Friendship once broken cannot be mended', he said. It hurt me a lot. Our egos had gotten better of us. Well, every experience is a learning! 


Anyways, as I sit now, having Dosa (which I made btw), I am musing on various things.  We need to be adaptive according to situations that arise from time to time! Nothing ever happens according to plan. Absolutely nothing.

So did I feel lonely the past couple of days? Maybe, not! But, as it is the case so many times, my thought process has taken a beating, and I am truly scared, yet intrigued of things to come.





Comments

  1. What did you try to cook? what went wrong?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's complicated! Chooma tried some routine dishes! Didn't work out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why are good students 'Engineers'?

After 10th, my parents had decided to put me in a boarding school. I was immensely exited, and the thought of independence, overhauled my career objectives. I was good in Maths, and Physics excited me. So, quite naturally, I ended up taking the Science stream. After successfully completing 12th Standard in 2008, like thousand others across India, I had only 1 choice - Take up Engineering! Pretty obvious, isn't it? I ended up taking ECE of course, in the prestigious College of Engineering, Guindy. But, I wasn't intimidated in doing so, like many of my friends. I truly believed that my interest lied in Electronics, and I could create an impact in that field. Here's where the problem started. The teachers had always played an important role in my schooling days. I would attribute my interests to them. But, in college, teaching was utterly gruesome. I can confidently say that, irrespective of the branch, the first 2 years of Engineering, is most important. When weight

SWAYAMVAR

Of late, My Mother has been worried and also active! Now, when does anyone get affected with the mentioned symptoms? Is it some sort of stress disorder? Some Allo pathy side effects? Some Homeo pathic  bullshit? Menopause? Wait! Maybe, it's the Venkatachala pathy effect! Well! That wasn't the case!  She's been on the hunt for some girls!  I was shaken!  "Amma? I am off to Hydera bad only! It's not ' bad',  ok!! Rombo over ah illa??" Now, she was shocked! "I am not searching for you Eruma Madu! Chi Kalambu!" Now I was disappointed.  Cha! WTK? You don't want your parents to fiddle around with your personal life! It's just not cool. But, when you find out that they aren't actually bothered about it, you get the creeps! You begin to wonder.... A slap on the face! My intellect intervened! Life's is not always about you! So, just shut up and analyse! So I did! Many of my relative

World Toilet Day

Recently, a couple of folks did their mini-projects on Motion Detection of objects. Now, I understand what kind of objects they are talking about. Whether you are Mukesh Ambani (who is the richest Indian again? Mittal?) or you are Poonam Pandey, all of us have eat crap and clog the toilet. So, hence for all sanitation and health purposes, as well as some tantalizing aroma, let us all not use the toilet today. * Caution. Not using toilet today implies No Drinking as well. Please let the Tasmac Employees have some rest.