Skip to main content

It's 'OK OK' to be PSEUDO

Things have finally settled down a bit after a rather hectic 45 days. So last Saturday, few of us decided to go for the 2nd show for Oru Kal Oru Kannadi[OK OK]. There is nothing special about the film. It's just another mediocre effort, mediocre script, an awful hero, and a brilliant comedian.

But, it's not the movie that I'll remember. It's the after effect, which was rather bizarre that day.

There are 3 important things one has to remember when going for a Night Show:

1. Carry your documents along. 
2. Don't throw away your movie tickets. 

3. Wear Helmet.

So, I strictly adhered to the above points. The theater was about 12km from my house. I had almost reached home, and surprisingly, there weren't any cops en route. But then, I was wrong. 

I was stopped by them, along with another dude. He was returning home after his office party, and was little drunk. So, they dealt with him first. He didn't have any documents, no helmet, and was basically screwed. The 'case' would take sometime, so the 'friendly' cops diverted their attention towards me. 



I was wearing a bright yellow T-Shirt and shorts with the classic slippers of mine. I had shaved that day as well. As they approached me, I made sure they noticed my Colgate smile. I'm pretty sure they'd have thought of me as a notorious kid, fooling around at night time. 

There were 2 of them. They carried on their mundane protocol and their routine. They tried their level best to screw around with me. But, having realized what a 'gem' of a dude I was, here is the conversation that followed:


Cop 1: Where are you coming from?
Me: Movie. I just saw OK OK. 
Cop 1: Ok Ok. So, which Movie?

Me: OK OK is short form for Oru Kal Oru Kannadi Sir. 

Cop 2[Addressing his buddy]: What's wrong with you? You don't know this? Very shameful. No general knowledge only you have. 

Cop 1[Addressing him]: Dude, I am not a movie guy. 
Cop 1[To me]: Anyways, show me the tickets! 
I handed them over. 

Cop 2: Not bad. You have movie ticket as well. 

Meanwhile, many other bikers were stopped as well. The entire surrounding was so chaotic. 


Cop 1: So, what do you do?

Me: I am a studying Engineering.
Cop 1: Which department?
Me: Electronics and Communication, Sir!
Cop 1: ECE is it? Nice. Which college?

Me: Anna University, sir. 

Cop 1: Anna University?? 

Cop 1[Addressing Cop  2]: Look at this fellow. He's from Anna University it seems. He doesn't look like he's from there, isn't it?
Cop 2: What did you score in Plus 2?

Now here's where it's OK OK to be PSEUDO. I couldn't possibly tell them what I actually scored. So, I went ahead and took the credit of the many state toppers in my class

Me:  1188 Sir. I was State second.
Cop 2: State second? Amazing. 
Cop 1: How much did you study?
Me: I worked very hard sir. That is why I am enjoying myself now. :P

Both of them went away for a while to their supervisor. They had a hearty laugh with him, and came back.

Cop 1: Ok. You can leave now. All the best.
Cop 2: You are from a top institution. Do something useful for the country.
Me: Yes sir, definitely.

I arranged my documents and put them in. I started my bike and waved at them. They waved back at me, with all smiles. 


I'll be leaving college in another week. I'm filled with emotions, and after this incident, my respect for CEG just doubled right away. 

This incident will stay in my heart for many years to come by. 





My Wonderful College


Comments

  1. Because of this incident, you will remember OK OK also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. no like button ?? i think i kind of cried while reading the last part !!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why are good students 'Engineers'?

After 10th, my parents had decided to put me in a boarding school. I was immensely exited, and the thought of independence, overhauled my career objectives. I was good in Maths, and Physics excited me. So, quite naturally, I ended up taking the Science stream. After successfully completing 12th Standard in 2008, like thousand others across India, I had only 1 choice - Take up Engineering! Pretty obvious, isn't it? I ended up taking ECE of course, in the prestigious College of Engineering, Guindy. But, I wasn't intimidated in doing so, like many of my friends. I truly believed that my interest lied in Electronics, and I could create an impact in that field. Here's where the problem started. The teachers had always played an important role in my schooling days. I would attribute my interests to them. But, in college, teaching was utterly gruesome. I can confidently say that, irrespective of the branch, the first 2 years of Engineering, is most important. When weight

SWAYAMVAR

Of late, My Mother has been worried and also active! Now, when does anyone get affected with the mentioned symptoms? Is it some sort of stress disorder? Some Allo pathy side effects? Some Homeo pathic  bullshit? Menopause? Wait! Maybe, it's the Venkatachala pathy effect! Well! That wasn't the case!  She's been on the hunt for some girls!  I was shaken!  "Amma? I am off to Hydera bad only! It's not ' bad',  ok!! Rombo over ah illa??" Now, she was shocked! "I am not searching for you Eruma Madu! Chi Kalambu!" Now I was disappointed.  Cha! WTK? You don't want your parents to fiddle around with your personal life! It's just not cool. But, when you find out that they aren't actually bothered about it, you get the creeps! You begin to wonder.... A slap on the face! My intellect intervened! Life's is not always about you! So, just shut up and analyse! So I did! Many of my relative

World Toilet Day

Recently, a couple of folks did their mini-projects on Motion Detection of objects. Now, I understand what kind of objects they are talking about. Whether you are Mukesh Ambani (who is the richest Indian again? Mittal?) or you are Poonam Pandey, all of us have eat crap and clog the toilet. So, hence for all sanitation and health purposes, as well as some tantalizing aroma, let us all not use the toilet today. * Caution. Not using toilet today implies No Drinking as well. Please let the Tasmac Employees have some rest.