Skip to main content

Madipakkam to Kalyani Nagar

So, is it a comedy piece? Is it a melodrama like the countless yesteryear classics? Is it a Gautham Menon fantasy ride on the Indian Railways? [Gosh, only he can come up with such stuff]

Well, I'll go ahead and call it chaos. At some point in time, our minds tend to find some order in randomness. And well, I want to share one such incident.

Now that I am 'jobless' and/or 'unemployed' for the next six months, I've decided to attain individual salvation. Yes, I've decided to become part sanyasi [not inspired by Nityananda :P]; the first step being to flee from Chennai. So, I had to catch this train at 10 50pm to Pune this Wednesday, and by all means, I reached there like an hour early. After a few phone calls, I finally became idle only to be abused by a Bihari couple for no rational reason whatsoever, in what seemed like Bhojpuri slang. Frustrated a bit, I could think of only one thing that could cheer me up - Saravana Bhavan's Pure Filter Coffee. Even I don't get what's so pure about it, but nevertheless, it did freshen me up. 

So, finally I decided to get onto the train only to find my coach right at the very end. So, I walked, heedless of attracting unwanted attention, only to grab all the attention in my compartment! My place was occupied by this stout middle-aged man, and he went, "If you don't mind, can you please take the middle berth right at the middle of the coach over there. We've come as family, you see. Thank you!". First of all, I am distraught at not meeting a single girl at my compartment [Screw you Gautham!], and now this. Call me discourteous or whatever, but I politely declined their request and was adamant on my upper berth.[For God's sake, it's a 24  hours ride!] Anyways, I slept my way out of this predicament and when I had gotten up, the family was not there. God Bless! 


The remainder of the journey was uneventful, so I thought. I spent time reading and dozing off here and then. But, as Pune drew nearer, the entire coach fell asleep. This was a bit annoying, as I had to get off in an hour. So, anyways, I decided to wait near the door and get some fresh air. I was greeted by a familiar Tamilian accent!


Mr X: How long is it to Pune, pa?

Me: About an hour! 

Mr X: Wokay! 
Me: Enna, Chennai va? [Are you from Chennai]

Mr X: Ammam! Neengalum ah? Ongla patha apadi therila, Saar! [Yes, Even you? You don't seem to be from Chennai, Sir]
Me: Ha Ha. Naanum chennai dhan. [I'm from Chennai too]
Mr X: Chennai la enga?[Where in Chennai]

Me: Madipakkam! 
Mr X: Naanum Madipakkam dhan! What a coincidence! What a coincidence! [Even I'm from Madipakkam]

Me: Ganesh Nagar va? [Ganesh Nagar?]
Mr X: Ammam pa. Modhal Kurukku Theru . [Yes. First Cross Street]
Me: Naan Rendavadhu Kurukku Theru. [Myself, Second Cross Street]
Me: Where in Pune are you going?
Mr X: Kalyani Nagar!
Me: Saar, naanum anga dhan poren! [I am also heading there]

We had a hearty laugh for close to a minute. 

We spoke on a variety of things ranging from the Higgs Boson to how fun traveling alone in Indian Railways is. We had the same phone as well, damaged in the exact same location in the exact same manner! Ha Ha! But then, due to the chaotic nature of this world, that was the last I saw of him. I didn't get his name, phone number, nothing. That was the last that I saw of him! 

Somethings just don't make sense and cannot be explained rationally. I guess it's best left unreasoned and it's the experience that counts more than anything else. Maybe, if chaos intends to, we get to meet and have a neat laugh!


Comments

  1. Your soul sister :-) the story could have been a whole million interesting if it was a girl ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of Course! Things would've been much better!
    What to do? That's how chaos works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ganesh Nagar to Kalyani Nagar would have been a better title as you reside in Ganesh Nagar of Madipakkam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why are good students 'Engineers'?

After 10th, my parents had decided to put me in a boarding school. I was immensely exited, and the thought of independence, overhauled my career objectives. I was good in Maths, and Physics excited me. So, quite naturally, I ended up taking the Science stream. After successfully completing 12th Standard in 2008, like thousand others across India, I had only 1 choice - Take up Engineering! Pretty obvious, isn't it? I ended up taking ECE of course, in the prestigious College of Engineering, Guindy. But, I wasn't intimidated in doing so, like many of my friends. I truly believed that my interest lied in Electronics, and I could create an impact in that field. Here's where the problem started. The teachers had always played an important role in my schooling days. I would attribute my interests to them. But, in college, teaching was utterly gruesome. I can confidently say that, irrespective of the branch, the first 2 years of Engineering, is most important. When weight

SWAYAMVAR

Of late, My Mother has been worried and also active! Now, when does anyone get affected with the mentioned symptoms? Is it some sort of stress disorder? Some Allo pathy side effects? Some Homeo pathic  bullshit? Menopause? Wait! Maybe, it's the Venkatachala pathy effect! Well! That wasn't the case!  She's been on the hunt for some girls!  I was shaken!  "Amma? I am off to Hydera bad only! It's not ' bad',  ok!! Rombo over ah illa??" Now, she was shocked! "I am not searching for you Eruma Madu! Chi Kalambu!" Now I was disappointed.  Cha! WTK? You don't want your parents to fiddle around with your personal life! It's just not cool. But, when you find out that they aren't actually bothered about it, you get the creeps! You begin to wonder.... A slap on the face! My intellect intervened! Life's is not always about you! So, just shut up and analyse! So I did! Many of my relative

World Toilet Day

Recently, a couple of folks did their mini-projects on Motion Detection of objects. Now, I understand what kind of objects they are talking about. Whether you are Mukesh Ambani (who is the richest Indian again? Mittal?) or you are Poonam Pandey, all of us have eat crap and clog the toilet. So, hence for all sanitation and health purposes, as well as some tantalizing aroma, let us all not use the toilet today. * Caution. Not using toilet today implies No Drinking as well. Please let the Tasmac Employees have some rest.